|Address||1139 Abrigo Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92262||Start Date||04/11/2021|
|Preview Dates||BY APPOINTMENT||End Date||04/13/2021|
|Starting Bid||$1,000,000||Live Auction Time||2:00 PM|
|Winning Bidder Deposit||10%||Buyer's Premium||10%|
The Trini Lopez Estate -- A Palm Springs Modernist Classic
Rare 1961 Palmer + Krisel Design by Alexander Construction. 4 bed | 5 bath plus casita with kitchenette. Incredible private backyard with mountain views.
AUCTION WITHOUT RESERVE. Rare Palmer and Krisel-designed 1961 modern home in Vista Las Palmas. Built by Alexander Construction, the iconic Trini Lopez Estate features a seldom-seen and preserved barrel-vaulted courtyard. This well-known celebrity home retains many original features including a stamped-brick façade, exposed beams, tongue and groove ceilings, Masonite and patterned cinderblock walls, original mirrored walls, built-in buffet, Hawaiian blanket breeze blocks, and 1961 pool and spa. Included in the 2,521 sf, there are 4 beds and 5 baths, plus a casita with kitchenette. It is a fine example of the era's cutting-edge architecture in Vista Las Palmas, which defined the Southern California Modernist style. The modernist design of the Lopez Estate creates seamless indoor/outdoor spaces taking advantage of soaring San Jacinto mountain views. Incredible use of site - the home sits higher than the neighbors behind, providing privacy and unobstructed mountain views. Trini Lopez owned the estate from 1968 until his passing in 2020, and used the casita as his personal office and music studio.
Walkable to downtown Palm Springs and sheltered from the prevailing winds by the mountains, Vista Las Palmas is warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer than nearby neighborhoods. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own a truly special modernist classic home that is part of both entertainment and architectural history.
- 1961 Alexander midcentury home in Vista Las Palmas
- Rare triple-barrel vaulted courtyard design by Palmer & Krisel
- Main house: 2,521± sq. ft. | 4+ bed |5 baths
- Original pool & spa
- .28± acre lot | mountain views
- Original built-in buffet, mirrored walls
- Exposed wood beam and tongue-and-groove-ceilings
- Separate casita with kitchenette
- Shaded courtyard
- Original midcentury architectural details
- Trini Lopez, internationally known recording artist, owned the house since 1968.
- Only authorized bidders can submit a bid
- A 10% Buyers Premium added to high bid
- Submit bids via online bidding
- 10% non-refundable down payment due if announced the winning bidder
- Contract is non-contingent and sold "As-Is"
- Closing within 30 days
How to Register to Bid
- Create a Buyer Account
- Each buyer must be pre-approved by a Heritage authorized lender or provide proof of funds for your maximum bid
- Review and complete Bidder Registration (above)
- Once both financial documents and registration form are received, bidders will be enabled to submit bids.
For more information, please call 855-261-0573 or email us: LuxuryEstates@HA.com.
|Square Feet||Main house: 2,521± sq. ft. plus casita with bath and kitchenette|
|Acreage||.28± acre lot | mountain views|
|Location||Vista Las Palmas, Palm Springs, CA|
|Parking||2 car garage|
Luxury Real Estate Internet-Only Session:
Luxury Real Estate Auctions in the Executive Collection take place online only. Each parcel of real estate is offered in an individual auction with one lot only. A complete due diligence package is created for each property, including title work and inspections. Virtual tours, photographs, detailed property information and instructions for bidders are available on the property-specific showcase page. Bidders may preview the property during times outlined on the showcase page or by previous arrangement. All bidders are required to pre-qualify for each property auction by signing the Terms and Conditions Agreement and submitting either proof of guaranteed funds or a bank letter of pre-approval from an approved lender. Once qualifications have been met, bidders will receive a bidder number and be allowed to submit bids. Bids will only be accepted online. Winning bidders will need to provide a 10 percent non-refundable deposit to escrow upon winning the auction and must close within 30 days. For more information or to pre-qualify to bid, please call 855-261-0573 or email LuxuryEstates@HA.com.